Lower Rogue Watershed Council
The Lower Rogue Watershed Council was designated within a Curry County Coordinating Watershed Authority by the Curry County Board of Commissioners in July 1994. Our members have been and continue to be committed to the health and future of the Lower Rogue River watershed.
To protect, enhance, and restore long-term natural resources and economic stability of the Lower Rogue Watershed and the near shore environment.
To represent the broad and diverse geographic areas and community interests in the watershed and work collaboratively with these interests and landowners to develop and carry out voluntary watershed protection, restoration, enhancement, and community engagement activities.
Rich Watson ~ Lee Patterson Bridge over the Rogue River
Our Guiding Principles:
- We believe that a healthy environment and a healthy community are inextricably linked.
- We believe that watershed stewardship should be based on a combination of sound science, education, and community involvement.
- We believe that a strong stewardship ethic enables us to leave healthy natural resources for future generations.
- We believe in working from ridge to ridge to achieve dynamic, naturally functioning ecosystems.
- We value our relationships with the landowners who have voluntarily joined in whole watershed habitat enhancement.
Any resident of the Lower Rogue watershed interested in applying to be a Council member is encouraged to contact the coordinator, Kelly Timchak at 541-373-0057. Meetings are the third Tuesday of every month, at 3:30 PM, are currently being held virtually due to COVID restrictions, but are always open to the public. Visitors are welcome to attend and participate. Please check the calendar for time, place, and topic.
The Council is part of the Curry Watersheds Partnership; leveraging the strengths of each partner organization to improve ecological outcomes, inspire conservation and stewardship, and improve the economic and community well-being of Curry County.
Kelly Timchak (541-373-0057) firstname.lastname@example.org